verb[with object] chiefly Computing
- Enter (text or other data) again using a keyboard.More example sentences
- They may have to rekey the data, but I suspect most companies would be willing to make that effort.
- A basic challenge to the efficient use of any fleet management system is capturing the field or shop data electronically so that they don't have to be rekeyed into the computer.
- That means 93 percent of them are rekeying information, faxing documents, and building electronic patchwork bridges to fill orders.
More definitions of rekeyDefinition of rekey in:
- The British & World English dictionary