Definition of relapsing fever in English:
An infectious bacterial disease marked by recurrent fever.
- The disease is caused by spirochetes of the genus Borrelia
- Mites and ticks which feed on vertebrate hair or blood often carry disease organisms, such as spirochete bacteria, responsible for relapsing fever and Lyme disease.
- Typhus cases shot through the roof, as did diphtheria, relapsing fever, dysentery, cholera and so on.
- Tick-borne diseases in the United States include Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme disease, ehrlichiosis, tularemia, babesiosis, Colorado tick fever, and relapsing fever.
Definition of relapsing fever in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.