Definition of related in English:
1Belonging to the same family, group, or type; connected: sleeping sickness and related diseases
More example sentences
- ALS is a family of related diseases that affect the nerve cells along which the brain sends instructions to the muscles.
- The 430 species and cultivars described in detail in the book belong to the true grass family and related families of grasslike plants.
- About half of women with ICP have a family history of related liver disorders.
- Example sentences
- Our sexual behavior is just as moral as anyone else's, with the same capacity for love, closeness, relatedness and harmless pleasure.
- Associations between social relatedness and similarities in selected behavioral traits were also examined.
- The issue of names also illustrates that neither systems of social relatedness nor the inheritance systems that are connected to them develop and exist in isolation.