- 1In relation, comparison, or proportion to something else: it is perfectly simple, relatively speaking, to store a full catalog entry on magnetic tapeMore example sentences
- Yet, relatively speaking, religion and the churches were pushed away from the centre.
- Individualism is a pretty new idea relatively speaking and one which most of us today take for granted.
- Relatively speaking, Antartica's hot.
- 1.1 [as submodifier] Viewed in comparison with something else rather than absolutely: relatively affluent people the site was cheap and relatively cleanMore example sentences
- Such societies are held in relatively low regard by the college authorities.
- Part of its defence is based on points which might be regarded as relatively technical.
- The reason the price is relatively high compared to other options is two-fold.