Definition of relaxant in English:
1A drug used to promote relaxation or reduce tension: a muscle relaxant
More example sentences
- Medications most commonly prescribed are tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, muscle relaxants, simple analgesics, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Numerous treatments such as analgesic medications, muscle relaxants, antidepressants, and triptans had shown little or no effect.
- They are usually given strong painkiller drugs, muscle relaxants or sedatives, but these are often not enough to completely alleviate pain and anxiety.
adjectiveBack to top
- Chamomile, lime flower, valerian, hops or passion flower all have relaxant properties and can be given to calm nerves and relax tense muscles.
- All of the contractile and relaxant responses evoked by these stimuli were absent in vagotomized animals or in animals pretreated with the ganglionic blocker, trimethaphan, confirming their reflex and parasympathetic nature.
- However, as with bronchial smooth muscle hypertrophy, it can be expected that the remodeled vessels may exhibit altered reactivity to contractile or relaxant agents.
Words that rhyme with relaxantaccent
Definition of relaxant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan