- A road taking traffic around, rather than through, a congested urban area.More example sentences
- It had been suggested that the Sandyhill Road be used as a relief road rather than looking at alternative routes.
- Alternatively, we can wait for the opening of the inner relief road and the western by-pass and the commuter train from south Sligo.
- Meanwhile a relief road cuts through the former graveyard.
More definitions of relief roadDefinition of relief road in:
- The British & World English dictionary