Definition of remarry in English:
verb (remarries, remarrying, remarried)[no object]
Marry again: he remarried shortly after his wife’s death
More example sentences
- Emma's parents divorced in 1985 and her mother remarried shortly afterwards.
- The guilty person was not allowed to remarry but the innocent one could get married again.
- She never remarried, and she said she didn't marry because she wanted to devote attention to us.
- Example sentences
- Marriage was folly, he liked to say, but remarriage, the triumph of hope over experience, was insanity.
- Other possibilities which are urged are the reception of communion after divorce and remarriage, and women priests.
- And a debate on the remarriage of divorcees in church, which was due to take place in Ripon this Saturday, has been postponed.
Definition of remarry in:
- British & World English dictionary