Definition of remarry in English:
verb (remarries, remarrying, remarried)[no object]
Marry again: he remarried shortly after his wife’s death
More example sentences
- Emma's parents divorced in 1985 and her mother remarried shortly afterwards.
- The guilty person was not allowed to remarry but the innocent one could get married again.
- She never remarried, and she said she didn't marry because she wanted to devote attention to us.
- Example sentences
- Marriage was folly, he liked to say, but remarriage, the triumph of hope over experience, was insanity.
- Other possibilities which are urged are the reception of communion after divorce and remarriage, and women priests.
- And a debate on the remarriage of divorcees in church, which was due to take place in Ripon this Saturday, has been postponed.
Definition of remarry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia