- It resembles many of the English revolvers more closely than the Colts and Remingtons.
- Today, shooting condition examples of original Springfields, Remingtons and Sharps are not uncommon on the antique gun market, plus newly manufactured Sharps, Remingtons, and Ballards are readily available.
- These current Remingtons are true to the original design except for the cylinder which is approximately one-eighth inch longer to accommodate many of the .45 Colt loads currently available.
- In 1897 he purchased a Remington typewriter so he could dictate his novels to a typist instead of writing them longhand.
- I bought myself a Remington Streamline Portable half a year ago, my first contact with a manual typewriter, and I couldn't be happier.
- Indeed, at the time when I began to work for him, he had reached a state at which the click of a Remington machine acted as a positive spur.
Mid 19th century: named after Eliphalet Remington (1793–1861) and his son Philo (1816–89), gunsmiths of Ilion, New York, the original manufacturers.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.