Definition of remix in English:
Pronunciation: /rēˈmiks/[with object]
1Mix (something) again.
- Each dungeon has been redesigned to offer new challenges - and in turn, mess with returning players by remixing the puzzles and the room progression completely.
- Working in her home, she would mix and remix complex blends of essential oils and other ingredients to create fragrances with the qualities she wanted.
- When separated it can be remixed simply by shaking hard in a jar with a lid.
1.1Produce a different version of (a musical recording) by altering the balance of the separate tracks.
- A third and final version, remixed by Amundsen, closes the album.
- I remember asking if I could get a DJ to remix one of my tracks, and they called him and it was $20,000 to do the mix.
- I, personally, would like to see this album remixed with some different drum parts to hear how good it could really be.
Pronunciation: /ˈrēmiks/Back to top
A different version of a musical recording produced by remixing.
- Sting has quite clearly taken the third path and seduced a host of new fans through remixes, cover versions and car commercials.
- As the electronic descendant of the lowly ‘cover version,’ the remix has become an inventive genre in its own right.
- The project naturally developed into collecting not only videos, but also original recordings and remixes into two double albums packed to the hilt with gems.
- Example sentences
- Nowadays he is deemed to be one of the top garage producers and remixers, after all it was Ed who turned the Gorillaz ‘Clint Eastwood’ in to a killer club track.
- That said, you've gotta be able to pair great songs with great remixers to end up with a great remix project.
- He's a successful singer/songwriter, recording artist, record producer and dance remixer.
Definition of remix in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan