verb[with object] • rare
- Restore (a metal) to its former position as legal tender.More example sentences
- By the accumulation of more and more silver, they effectively protected their family's property and, single-handedly remonetized the white metal.
- The Fekete plan for America entails remonetizing both gold and silver and incorporates his groundbreaking theoretical work on Adam Smith's Real Bills Doctrine, refined by Bell, Spahr and Palyi, into the mix.
- Last November governors of all 31 Mexican states sent a letter to the Ways and Means Committee of the Mexican House of Representatives to urge approval of legislation to remonetize silver.
- More example sentences
- And he has just this past year formally presented a modified version of the plan [see it here] via Asociacion Civica Mexicana Pro Plata A.C., an organization he founded to promote silver remonetization.
- A poll by the Mexican television network TV Azteca found that 96 percent of viewers approved the remonetization of silver.
- A large part of the solution is the remonetization of gold and silver today.
More definitions of remonetizeDefinition of remonetize in:
- The British & World English dictionary