- An enzyme secreted into the stomach of unweaned mammals, and in some lower animals and plants, causing the curdling of milk.More example sentences
- Animal rennet contains the digestive enzyme rennin, which curdles milk in the normal process of digestion.
- A report on the effect of spices on digestive enzymes mentioned that freshly prepared 1 per cent emulsion of asafoetida in water affected the activity of pepsin, trypsin and rennin in saliva to a small extent 41.
- In 1990, the FDA approved the first bioengineered enzyme, rennin, which traditionally has been extracted from calves' stomachs for use in making cheese.
More definitions of renninDefinition of rennin in:
- The British & World English dictionary