- 1A person who rents an apartment, a car, or other object.More example sentences
- Cuts to income assistance rates will increase the number of homeless people in the province, predict groups concerned about renters on welfare.
- This city counts 188,000 occupied dwellings, with about half occupied by renters and half by owners.
- By renting a Florida villa, there will almost always be more than one bathroom available to the renters.
- 2US A rented car or videocassette.More example sentences
- McDormand's expression during this scene alone makes this film a good renter.
- This reviewer's opinion is that's a little high for a film like Torn Curtain, but as a renter it's a good piece of film history.
- Within five years of release, Shawshank was a phenomenon, a video bestseller and a renter that its admirers feel they've discovered for themselves.
More definitions of renterDefinition of renter in:
- The British & World English dictionary