1A person who rents an apartment, a car, or other object.
- Cuts to income assistance rates will increase the number of homeless people in the province, predict groups concerned about renters on welfare.
- This city counts 188,000 occupied dwellings, with about half occupied by renters and half by owners.
- By renting a Florida villa, there will almost always be more than one bathroom available to the renters.
2US A rented car or videocassette.
- McDormand's expression during this scene alone makes this film a good renter.
- This reviewer's opinion is that's a little high for a film like Torn Curtain, but as a renter it's a good piece of film history.
- Within five years of release, Shawshank was a phenomenon, a video bestseller and a renter that its admirers feel they've discovered for themselves.
Words that rhyme with renterassenter, cementer, centre (US center), concentre (US concenter), dissenter, enter, eventer, fermenter (US fermentor), fomenter, frequenter, inventor, lamenter, magenta, placenta, polenta, precentor, presenter, preventer, repenter, tenter, tormentor
Definition of renter in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.