- A person living on income from property or investments.More example sentences
- Both the rentiers and the speculators are capitalists; both have money as an important goal.
- Traders, industrialists, and working-class consumers had every reason to complain that they were paying heavy taxes to support idle rentiers who had invested in the national debt.
- Did the financial power of rentiers harm the transnational corporations?
French, from rente 'dividend'.
More definitions of rentierDefinition of rentier in:
- The British & World English dictionary