- 1A person or thing that repeats something, in particular.More example sentences
- In his district, he said, 12,000 incoming third graders next year will be joined by 13,000 repeaters.
- For the first time ever, we had control over who used the repeater.
- A second challenge is to do a better job of customer retention, keeping repeaters in the fold.
- 1.2A watch or clock that can be made to repeat its last strike.More example sentences
- Moreover, your wristwatch-cum-caller ID will communicate with the repeater, saving you from fumbling around in your pocket whenever your phone rings.
- 1.3A device for the automatic retransmission or amplification of an electrically transmitted message.More example sentences
- Repeaters should be used everywhere else, since any jitter transferring through the repeater is low frequency and benign to downstream devices.
- Chapter 5 briefly discusses devices evolved from original repeaters, bridges and routers like hubs, faster and virtual LAN techniques.
- Recently announced products can increase this distance to 2,000 km, thereby eliminating the cost and latency associated with repeaters and amplifiers.
More definitions of repeaterDefinition of repeater in:
- The British & World English dictionary