1A person or thing that repeats something, in particular.
- In his district, he said, 12,000 incoming third graders next year will be joined by 13,000 repeaters.
- For the first time ever, we had control over who used the repeater.
- A second challenge is to do a better job of customer retention, keeping repeaters in the fold.
1.2A watch or clock that can be made to repeat its last strike.
- Moreover, your wristwatch-cum-caller ID will communicate with the repeater, saving you from fumbling around in your pocket whenever your phone rings.
1.3A device for the automatic retransmission or amplification of an electrically transmitted message.
- Repeaters should be used everywhere else, since any jitter transferring through the repeater is low frequency and benign to downstream devices.
- Chapter 5 briefly discusses devices evolved from original repeaters, bridges and routers like hubs, faster and virtual LAN techniques.
- Recently announced products can increase this distance to 2,000 km, thereby eliminating the cost and latency associated with repeaters and amplifiers.
Words that rhyme with repeaterAkita, Anita, arboreta, beater, beta, Bhagavadgita, cheater, cheetah, Demeter, Dieter, dolce vita, eater, eta, Evita, excreta, fetor, granita, greeter, heater, Juanita, litre (US liter), Lolita, maltreater, margarita, meter, metre, Peta, praetor (US pretor), Rita, saltpetre (US saltpeter), secretor, Senhorita, señorita, Sita, skeeter, teeter, terra incognita, theta, treater, tweeter, ureter, veleta, zeta
Definition of repeater in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.