- 1The action or process of replacing someone or something: the replacement of religion by poetry a hip replacementMore example sentences
- In spite of three hip replacements, Adams manages to visit his local pub to play piquet most evenings and continues to write.
- Private patients regularly skip the queue to obtain private treatment in public hospitals for elective operations such as cataracts, hip replacements and heart bypass operations.
- His choreographic style has influenced twentieth century dance but the pendulum shows signs of swinging away from hyper-extensions - and multiple hip replacements.
- 1.1A person or thing that takes the place of another.More example sentences
- What is an understudy or replacement to do when he takes over a role vacated by a star?
- The range covers the full spectrum from ultraportable to desktop replacement, hitting all price points along the way.
- Other cousins, replacements for my Polish uncles, stood around the keg with cups of beer.