Definition of representational in English:
1Of, relating to, or characterized by representation: representational democracy
More example sentences
- There are definitely countries - and again, South Africa, representational democracy, rather than direct vote, has a strong legacy in a lot of countries.
- But such a representational appropriation can hardly compete with the occupation of geographical space by the formidable Israeli Defense Force.
- They acknowledged the achievements of their predecessors and colleagues in the articulation of objects with no representational agenda, viewed as things in themselves.
1.1Relating to or denoting art that aims to depict the physical appearance of things. Contrasted with abstract.
- I'm thinking specifically about his emphasis on distortions within structuring elements of physical and representational space.
- Like the most diaphanous works by Turner or Rothko, it suggests representational elements, yet one is hard-pressed to discern any in the image.
- In this solo show, David Baerwalde departed from a 10-year practice of focusing his paintings and sculptures on clearly representational elements.
Definition of representational in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan