- 1Of, relating to, or characterized by representation: representational democracyMore example sentences
- There are definitely countries - and again, South Africa, representational democracy, rather than direct vote, has a strong legacy in a lot of countries.
- But such a representational appropriation can hardly compete with the occupation of geographical space by the formidable Israeli Defense Force.
- They acknowledged the achievements of their predecessors and colleagues in the articulation of objects with no representational agenda, viewed as things in themselves.
- 1.1Relating to or denoting art that aims to depict the physical appearance of things. Contrasted with abstract.More example sentences
- I'm thinking specifically about his emphasis on distortions within structuring elements of physical and representational space.
- Like the most diaphanous works by Turner or Rothko, it suggests representational elements, yet one is hard-pressed to discern any in the image.
- In this solo show, David Baerwalde departed from a 10-year practice of focusing his paintings and sculptures on clearly representational elements.
More definitions of representationalDefinition of representational in:
- The British & World English dictionary