- The state, republic, or commonwealth.More example sentences
- It diminishes the republic - the res publica, or public things that define our commonweal.
- I wish you the very best of luck in addressing and dismantling this mind-boggling distortion of the democratic and social values of a res publica.
- It was in no sense a kind of political power, but those charged with the conduct of the res publica, or public business did not lightly ignore it.
Latin, literally 'public matter'.
More definitions of res publicaDefinition of res publica in:
- The British & World English dictionary