- A compound of the alkaloid class obtained from Indian snakeroot and other plants and used in the treatment of hypertension.More example sentences
- What do aspirin, codeine, ipecac, reserpine, scopolamine, theophylline, and vinblastine have in common?
- The patient's medical history should be reviewed for conditions such as hypothyroidism, stroke, or exposure to certain drugs associated with mood changes, such as steroids, reserpine, beta-blockers, and particularly alcohol.
- Herbal medicine has contributed aspirin from willow bark, reserpine from snakeroot, taxol from the yew tree, but ‘natural’ is not automatically safe.
More definitions of reserpineDefinition of reserpine in:
- The British & World English dictionary