- A delegate elected to represent a dependency, such as Puerto Rico, in the US House of Representatives. They are able to speak in the House and serve on committees, but may not vote.More example sentences
- Puerto Rico's lone representative to that body, a resident commissioner in the House, has voice but no vote except in committees.
- The island is represented in the U.S House of Representatives by a resident commissioner, which for many years was a nonvoting position.
- An elected resident commissioner represents the island in the U.S. Congress but has no vote.
More definitions of resident commissionerDefinition of resident commissioner in:
- The British & World English dictionary