Definition of resinate in English:
Pronunciation: /ˈrezəˌnāt/[with object]
Impregnate or flavor with resin: (as adjective resinated) resinated white wine
More example sentences
- My inclination was for the Tropics, but on a freezing, frosty day, the thought of Mediterranean summers, cicadas, grapes, resinated wines and long slow afternoons spent in the shade took precedence and I enjoyed a couple of hours on Corfu.
- Small cups of freshly made Turkish-style coffee are the national drink, as are ouzo - the aniseed-flavoured alcoholic drink - and retsina, the resinated wine, which are kept mostly for the evening and always accompanied by food.
- Certain foods are emblematic of the national identity, including moussaka, baklava, thick coffee, and resinated wine (retsina).
Pronunciation: /ˈrezənət/Chemistry Back to top
A salt of an acid derived from resin.
- He discovered that the copper resinate myth arose in about 1914.
- Carlson's X-ray fluorescence data revealed that the predominant green used contained copper: However, this instrument cannot distinguish between the various copper-based greens, such as verdigris, malachite, and copper resinate.
- Old masters never used the green pigment copper resinate supposed to be present in their paintings.
Definition of resinate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.