Definition of resinate in English:
Pronunciation: /ˈrezəˌnāt/[with object]
Impregnate or flavor with resin: (as adjective resinated) resinated white wine
More example sentences
- My inclination was for the Tropics, but on a freezing, frosty day, the thought of Mediterranean summers, cicadas, grapes, resinated wines and long slow afternoons spent in the shade took precedence and I enjoyed a couple of hours on Corfu.
- Small cups of freshly made Turkish-style coffee are the national drink, as are ouzo - the aniseed-flavoured alcoholic drink - and retsina, the resinated wine, which are kept mostly for the evening and always accompanied by food.
- Certain foods are emblematic of the national identity, including moussaka, baklava, thick coffee, and resinated wine (retsina).
Pronunciation: /ˈrezənət/Chemistry Back to top
A salt of an acid derived from resin.
- He discovered that the copper resinate myth arose in about 1914.
- Carlson's X-ray fluorescence data revealed that the predominant green used contained copper: However, this instrument cannot distinguish between the various copper-based greens, such as verdigris, malachite, and copper resinate.
- Old masters never used the green pigment copper resinate supposed to be present in their paintings.
Words that rhyme with resinateagglutinate • rejuvenate
Definition of resinate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan