adjective• formal or • archaic
- Having the power or ability to dissolve or dispel something.More example sentences
- I prefer a more resolutive approach to curbing drunken driving or drunkenness, and all the baggage that comes with it.
- This conception may be called the decompositional or resolutive conception of analysis.
- After pronouncement of a resolutive lockout, labour relations are for the time being terminated.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin resolutivus, from resolut- 'released', from the verb resolvere (see resolve).
More definitions of resolutiveDefinition of resolutive in:
- The British & World English dictionary