- Each article I write gets responses or ‘hits’, in the form of letters and emails, and I apologise to those that I don't reply to - I have to ration my time.
- But despite the advertising blitz, the response has been poor, with just 194 on the internet and a further 19 written responses.
- A total of 502 people attended the public consultation process and the council had received 152 written responses.
- This is suggested since the new version of the questionnaire generated more consistent responses to the questions on recency of drug use.
- The authors marked the responses and calculated the percentage of correct responses for each question.
- Responses were marked and the percentage of correct responses for each question calculated.
- In response to the motion, the elastic reaction force exerted on the site by the substrate starts to rise.
- In response to the spate of armed robberies, the Post Office told postmasters and postmistresses warning them to be extra vigilant.
- In response to increasing battlefield firepower, horse cavalry reduced the armor it used.
- Stress is not a single conditioning but a response to physical and psychological stimuli.
- The synaesthetic experience is an automatic and involuntary response to certain stimuli.
- The response to the stimulus on the right and left sides should be compared.
- The complexes also show mechanical responses to pH changes and electrical stimulation.
- When impossible to differentiate electrical responses from background noise, amplitude values were set at 2 V.
- The sound quality and the bass response are good, even when compared with normal speakers.
- So out went audible responses, the minister's surplice and the litany.
- Unison congregational responses alternate with vernacular stanzas sung by a cantor.
- I listened as, at her own request, she was baptized into the catholic faith, and I made the liturgical responses proper to the child's parent.
- The response of this person's partner is to play their highest card in this suit as well.
- Further, a Showcase card may not be used in a trick response when not following suit.
- Bidding the negative 2 Diamonds response enables your partner to go some way towards knowing if there are thirty-two points in your combined hands.
Middle English: from Old French respons or Latin responsum 'something offered in return', neuter past participle of respondere (see respond).
Words that rhyme with responsebonce, ensconce, nonce, ponce, sconce
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.