- Action that interferes with free competition in a market.More example sentences
- The original Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890 forbade any action that was a ‘conspiracy in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States or with foreign nations.’
- Therefore, to ensure that markets work effectively, regulation is needed to prevent collective and individual monopolies from operating in restraint of trade.
- ‘Antitrust laws apply to any restraint of trade,’ Donovan explains.
More definitions of restraint of tradeDefinition of restraint of trade in:
- The British & World English dictionary