- A polyphenol compound found in certain plants and in red wine that has antioxidant properties and has been investigated for possible anticarcinogenic effects.More example sentences
- However, the beneficial metabolic effects of resveratrol have been clearly demonstrated in diabetic animal models.
- Indeed, in the laboratory resveratrol protects cells from cancerous change.
- Found in the skin of grapes, resveratrol belongs to a class of antioxidants produced by the plant to protect against infection.
More definitions of resveratrolDefinition of resveratrol in:
- The British & World English dictionary