- An immature red blood cell without a nucleus, having a granular or reticulated appearance when suitably stained.More example sentences
- Affected infants have suppression of erythropoiesis with extremely low reticulocytes despite a low packed cell volume and normal erythropoietin values.
- Finally, in their discussion of serum testing, the authors report that hemolysis ‘is indicated by the presence of fractured red blood cells and increased reticulocytes on the smear.’
- The final stage of erythrocyte production is when reticulocytes develop into erythrocytes.
More definitions of reticulocyteDefinition of reticulocyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary