Definition of retrieval in English:
1The process of getting something back from somewhere: the investigation was completed after the retrieval of plane wreckage
More example sentences
- Today, we are inundated with so much data in so many formats, that, even though retrieval is theoretically easier, it can still be difficult to develop a truly useful project archive.
- The impact of her words, now beyond retrieval, spread out in slow motion to fill the moment.
- Woody was involved in retrieval of a bag from a parked vehicle, for which he was paid £60.
1.1The obtaining or consulting of material stored in a computer system.
- A search engine optimizes the retrieval process by indexing.
- A library user is presented with an array of other online and CD-ROM products, some offering abstracts or full-text retrieval.
- Documents are bulk-processed and, then, loaded into a large online database for storage and retrieval.
Words that rhyme with retrievalcoeval, evil, Khedival, medieval, primeval, shrieval, upheaval
Definition of retrieval in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.