- The use of a style or aesthetic considered futuristic in an earlier era.More example sentences
- The retrofuturism of the 'Back to the Future' movies is now particularly charming since it pokes fun at the retrofuturism of the 1950s.
- The retrofuturism of contemporary science fiction suggested to Jameson that the genre may have outlived its usefulness as a means of making sense of the process of technological change.
- It's not hard to see why people cling to the aesthetic of retro-futurism.
More definitions of retrofuturismDefinition of retrofuturism in:
- The British & World English dictionary