More definitions of RevereDefinition of Revere in:
- The British & World English dictionary
- Feel deep respect or admiration for (something): Cézanne’s still lifes were revered by his contemporariesMore example sentences
- It is, therefore, obligatory on every Muslim to respect and revere these holy places.
- There is no better way to consider the significance of the Sun in astrology than to reflect upon its importance to a culture whose survival was dependent upon respecting and revering its power.
- Now the tantric injunction to respect, honor and revere the body makes sense.
mid 17th century: from French révérer or Latin revereri, from re- (expressing intensive force) + vereri 'to fear'.