Definition of reverent in English:
Feeling or showing deep and solemn respect: a reverent silence
More example sentences
- Everyone was treated by Sr. Monica as another Christ and dealt with in a reverent, respectful way.
- In his past work, David Lynch has often presented seniors as if they were circus freaks, but here his approach is reverent and respectful.
- I was not very reverent or respecting of myself in the early days.
- Example sentences
- In awe, the South Korean soccer fans visiting this sleepy Dutch hamlet take off their shoes before stepping reverently upon the grass.
- Though there's no cricket on today, there's a strip in the centre of the ground that's reverently enclosed in blue plastic mesh strung up on poles.
- Here the actors spoke slowly, reverently, and monotonously, with pauses long enough for the audience to go out for a smoke.