Definition of reverent in English:
Feeling or showing deep and solemn respect: a reverent silence
More example sentences
- Everyone was treated by Sr. Monica as another Christ and dealt with in a reverent, respectful way.
- In his past work, David Lynch has often presented seniors as if they were circus freaks, but here his approach is reverent and respectful.
- I was not very reverent or respecting of myself in the early days.
- Example sentences
- In awe, the South Korean soccer fans visiting this sleepy Dutch hamlet take off their shoes before stepping reverently upon the grass.
- Though there's no cricket on today, there's a strip in the centre of the ground that's reverently enclosed in blue plastic mesh strung up on poles.
- Here the actors spoke slowly, reverently, and monotonously, with pauses long enough for the audience to go out for a smoke.
Words that rhyme with reverentirreverent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan