- Of the nature of, due to, or characterized by reverence: their names are always mentioned in reverential tonesMore example sentences
- We must tread on nature softly with reverential silence.
- Hicks offers a reverential homage to nature, while a slightly pompous drama slowly unfolds.
- Wars grow to look the same, demonstrations are cut from a loop of video, and natural disasters have their stock shots, their reverential tone and their lexicon of clichés.
- More example sentences
- The book's eye-glazing repetition (left in ‘for emphasis,’ according to the editor) suggests the manuscript, too, was treated reverentially.
- ‘He can't see a thing, but he's probably the best drummer I've ever played with,’ says Bradshaw reverentially.
- The Mahaboddhi Temple was originally a shrine built in the third century BC by Asoka, one of India's earliest and most reverentially remembered emperors.
More definitions of reverentialDefinition of reverential in:
- The British & World English dictionary