Definition of reverse engineering in English:
The reproduction of another manufacturer’s product following detailed examination of its construction or composition.
- We're talking about reverse engineering of manufactured products that we see pirated in China.
- Well, the bayonet fitting and interface to Canon EOS cameras is proprietary and unpublished, so after-market lens manufacturers like Sigma rely on reverse engineering to make their products work.
- If you are interested in reverse engineering, these vendors offer additional options.
- Example sentences
- You must not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or modify the product.
- This allowed Indian drug companies to reverse engineer molecules to produce generic versions of patented drugs.
- You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse-engineer or otherwise disassemble the Software.
Definition of reverse engineering in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan