- The reverse of normal transcription, occurring in some RNA viruses, in which a sequence of nucleotides is copied from an RNA template during the synthesis of a molecule of DNA.More example sentences
- Presumably, this 22-bp sequence was present on the RNA template used for reverse transcription.
- For each RNA isolate we performed several control experiments involving amplification reactions on DNA templates and RNA templates prior to reverse transcription.
- Second, are the introns of the progenitor gene maintained in the duplicate copy and does reverse transcription of processed mRNA play a significant role in the gene duplication process?
More definitions of reverse transcriptionDefinition of reverse transcription in:
- The British & World English dictionary