Definition of revertant in English:
(Of a cell, organism, or strain) having reverted to the normal type from a mutant or abnormal form.
- This process culminates when haploid lac +revertant cells overgrow the original clone of cells with an amplification.
- The bodywall muscle in these revertant animals is also indistinguishable from wild-type muscle when viewed under polarized light (data not shown).
- This gives the appearance of directed mutagenesis because only revertant cells survive mutagenesis.
nounBack to top
A revertant cell, organism, or strain.
- A lower intensity of mutagenesis can explain all observed revertants if each mutagenized cell has multiple copies of the lac operon.
- The numbers of revertants and viable cells were counted after incubation for 2 days at 37°C.
- We again found that most cosQ revertants were true revertants.
Definition of revertant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.