Definition of revertant in English:
(Of a cell, organism, or strain) having reverted to the normal type from a mutant or abnormal form.
- This process culminates when haploid lac +revertant cells overgrow the original clone of cells with an amplification.
- The bodywall muscle in these revertant animals is also indistinguishable from wild-type muscle when viewed under polarized light (data not shown).
- This gives the appearance of directed mutagenesis because only revertant cells survive mutagenesis.
nounBack to top
A revertant cell, organism, or strain.
- A lower intensity of mutagenesis can explain all observed revertants if each mutagenized cell has multiple copies of the lac operon.
- The numbers of revertants and viable cells were counted after incubation for 2 days at 37°C.
- We again found that most cosQ revertants were true revertants.
Definition of revertant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia