- (Especially of the edge of a leaf) curved or curled back.More example sentences
- Species of sections Musa and Rhodochlamys share common characteristics, possessing the same chromosome number and having bracts that are generally sulcate, glaucous and that become revolute on fading.
- The dry seed was elongated along the main axis, with an elaiosome at the former placental end and revolute margins folded under the seed.
- Because it is somewhat revolute, the stigmatic area is peripherally also exposed towards the dorsal side.
mid 18th century: from Latin revolutus 'unrolled', past participle of revolvere (see revolve).
More definitions of revoluteDefinition of revolute in:
- The British & World English dictionary