- Select or interpret events from the past in a way that suits one’s own particular purposes.More example sentences
- Our purpose is not to rewrite history but, rather, to learn from our past and to find ways to deal with the negative impacts that certain historical decisions continue to have in our society today.
- It's as if we wait for another rail tragedy to act as confirmation of our worst fears, and when one happens we rewrite history to present it as a disaster in the making.
- We can rewrite history, but the present will always return to haunt us.
More definitions of rewrite historyDefinition of rewrite history in:
- The British & World English dictionary