- (Of an athlete) break a record or several records.More example sentences
- Even the New York Knicks' Richie Guerin, the high scorer on the other team the day Wilt rewrote the record books, collected two more points than the combined Pistons-Lakers total.
- His awesome talent, good looks and attacking style of play have helped rewrite the record books and take the sport to unprecedented heights of popularity across the world.
- One of the most legendary figures in the history of American sports, Abdul-Jabbar spent his NBA career rewriting the record books following All-America careers at New York's Power Memorial High School and at UCLA.
More definitions of rewrite the record booksDefinition of rewrite the record books in:
- The British & World English dictionary