Definition of rhebok in English:
A small South African antelope with a woolly brownish-gray coat, a long slender neck, and short straight horns.
- Pelea capreolus, family Bovidae
- The Reserve is stocked with small game - blesbok, mountain reebok, duiker, klipspringer and steenbok, as well as the small creatures: mongoose, tortoise and genet.
- Mountain rhebuck, duiker, jackal, mongoose, porcupine and dassie now live in the Reserve.
- The impala and rhebok were also not included in tribe-level analyses because each is the sole extant member of its tribe.
Late 18th century: from Dutch reebok 'roebuck'.
Words that rhyme with rhebokgemsbok • steenbok
Definition of rhebok in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.