Definition of rhebok in English:
A small South African antelope with a woolly brownish-gray coat, a long slender neck, and short straight horns.
- Pelea capreolus, family Bovidae
- The Reserve is stocked with small game - blesbok, mountain reebok, duiker, klipspringer and steenbok, as well as the small creatures: mongoose, tortoise and genet.
- Mountain rhebuck, duiker, jackal, mongoose, porcupine and dassie now live in the Reserve.
- The impala and rhebok were also not included in tribe-level analyses because each is the sole extant member of its tribe.
Late 18th century: from Dutch reebok 'roebuck'.
Words that rhyme with rhebokgemsbok • steenbok
Definition of rhebok in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan