Of the Rhine and the regions adjoining it.
- Often in a palette of blue, red, black and white, these kaleidoscopic paintings have been related to the intricate stained-glass windows of Rhenish cathedrals.
- Catholic liberals, meanwhile, such as the Rhenish bourgeois, found themselves expected to choose between their liberalism and their Catholicism.
- Hence, Viking graves often contain Arab silver, Byzantine silks, Frankish weapons, Rhenish glass, and other products of an extensive trade.
Wine from Rhine and the regions adjoining it.
- Marcellus mistakes the trumpet blare that ‘brays out’ Claudius' draining of his draught of Rhenish for the striking of midnight.
- At meals she may be indulged with half a pint of old, clear London porter, or a glass of Rhenish wine.
- He is said to have died of a surfeit of Rhenish wine and pickled herrings, though it may more likely have been plague, of which there was a severe outbreak in 1592.
Words that rhyme with Rhenishreplenish
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Rhenish in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.