Definition of rheumatic in English:
1Of, relating to, or caused by rheumatism: rheumatic pains
More example sentences
- It seems probable that the mortality from rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease has decreased since the turn of the century.
- She had a history of rheumatic fever at age 9 with subsequent development of rheumatic heart disease.
- In April 1983, a 71-year-old woman with a history of rheumatic heart disease, aortic insufficiency, and bacterial endocarditis was referred for diffuse lymphadenopathy.
1.1(Of a person or part of the body) suffering from or affected by rheumatism.
- Nearly two decades after declaring the year 1984 as the year of the rheumatic child, infections due to GAS are still prevalent in India.
- Instead, it was claimed that aspirin was ‘discovered’ by an ‘Aryan’ scientist, Felix Hoffman, to alleviate the sufferings of his rheumatic father.
- The discovery of aspirin is customarily said to have resulted from Felix Hoffmann's rheumatic father encouraging his son to produce a medicine devoid of the unpleasant effects of sodium salicylate.
nounBack to top
Words that rhyme with rheumaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
Definition of rheumatic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.