- A chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints and resulting in painful deformity and immobility, especially in the fingers, wrists, feet, and ankles. Compare with osteoarthritis.More example sentences
- As with other forms of arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis involves inflammation of the joints.
- It can occur by itself or with other, common autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
- In India it's used as an oral contraceptive, a steroid and to treat asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and rheumatic fever.
More definitions of rheumatoid arthritisDefinition of rheumatoid arthritis in:
- The British & World English dictionary