- Of or relating to the nose or the olfactory part of the brain.More example sentences
- However, this view has been challenged by the discovery that damage to a neighbouring region, the rhinal cortex, which underlies the hippocampus and amygdala, was necessary and sufficient to produce memory impairments.
- The rhinal sulcus is not present as a separate sulcus in this specimen, but is represented as a direct continuation of the collateral sulcus.
- He fashioned an agent that, when injected directly into the rhinal cortex of four trained monkeys, spawned a kind of decoy molecule which tricked cells there into turning-off D2 expression for several weeks.
mid 19th century: from Greek rhis, rhin- 'nose' + -al.
More definitions of rhinalDefinition of rhinal in:
- The British & World English dictionary