Definition of rhododendron in English:
A shrub or small tree of the heath family, with large clusters of bell-shaped flowers and typically with large evergreen leaves, widely grown as an ornamental.
- Genus Rhododendron, family Ericaceae: many cultivars
- Old Jack Frost and harsh winter winds are drying out plants with shallow roots, such as azaleas and rhododendrons.
- With that in mind I plan a grouping of azaleas and rhododendrons in the corner formed by the house and wall.
- At this time of year, the woodland garden brims with masses of colour coming from the thousands of rhododendrons, camellias, kalmias and magnolias.
Definition of rhododendron in:
- British & World English dictionary