noun (plural rhomboidei /-dēˌī/)Anatomy
- A muscle connecting the shoulder blade to the vertebrae.More example sentences
- A slip at the level of rhomboideus minor, named rhomboideus minimus, extends from the scapula to thoracic or lower cervical vertebral spines.
- Muscles acting on the scapula in this section include serratus anterior, rhomboideus minor, rhomboideus major, trapezius, and deltoid.
- The slip from the inferior angle of the scapula has sometimes provided fasciculi that are directly continuous with the fibers of rhomboideus major.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from rhomboideus (musculus) (see rhomboid).
More definitions of rhomboideusDefinition of rhomboideus in:
- The British & World English dictionary