Definition of rib-tickler in English:
An amusing joke or story.
- There is at present a buzz in the industry around Saju Kodiyan, who pulled off rib-ticklers in the television comedy strip, ‘Cinemala’.
- As rib-ticklers go, this was not exactly a classic.
- I glumly consign a notebook packed full of rib-ticklers about bratwurst and square-headed men with no sense of humour to the bin.
- Example sentences
- Adam Sandler's back for more hilarious hi-jinks and rib-tickling capers in his latest magnificent outing.
- ‘Mark Poole, our rib-tickling Benny Hill look-alike, will be slipping into a dress for the first time in this show after playing all the daft panto principal parts and keeping local audiences in stitches for nine years,’ he says.
- Releasing this coming Friday, the movie comes from the makers of the rib-tickling hit comedy, ‘Iceage’, and will this time show a make-believe world inhabited entirely by robots.
Definition of rib-tickler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.