- A sugar of the pentose class that occurs widely in nature as a constituent of nucleosides and several vitamins and enzymes.More example sentences
- In undiluted samples, ribose, fructose, rhamnose, glucose, and one unidentified sugar were detected at low concentrations (data not shown).
- Sugars are vital components of life, e.g. the 5-carbon sugars ribose and deoxyribose are part of the skeletons of our information storage molecules, RNA and DNA respectively.
- Another difference between DNA and RNA is that RNA contains ribose, rather than deoxyribose.
late 19th century: arbitrary alteration of arabinose, a related sugar.
More definitions of riboseDefinition of ribose in:
- The British & World English dictionary