- A highly toxic protein obtained from the pressed seeds of the castor-oil plant.More example sentences
- There was a previous radiation study of ricin, a dimeric molecule linked by a single disulfide bridge.
- Signs and symptoms of ricin poisoning depend on whether a person inhales or ingests ricin.
- Studies have been performed on ricin as a possible anticancer agent.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Ricinus communis (denoting the castor-oil plant) + -in1.
More definitions of ricinDefinition of ricin in:
- The British & World English dictionary