Deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd: when you realize how ridiculous these scenarios are, you will have to laugh
More example sentences
- Just as he has the right to ask for a ridiculous rent increase, you have the right to fight it.
- The discussion about everything else we should be blaming and banning is just ridiculous.
- Why are we not aware of the ridiculous amounts spent on such white elephants?
senseless, silly, foolish, foolhardy, stupid, inane, fatuous, childish, puerile, half-baked, harebrained, cockamamie, ill-thought-out, crackpot, idiotic
- More example sentences
- Phone Booth is one of those loony concept movies that is so implausible, so unbelievable, that it actually manages to work despite its ridiculousness.
- Curry plays Arthur as a mildly world-weary but genial uncle figure, perplexed but beamingly amused by the ridiculousness of the situation he finds himself in.
- He captures the spirit of whimsy that informs the text, without losing sight of serious themes such as the ridiculousness of intellectual pretention or the horrors of old age.