- The basic monetary unit of Cambodia, equal to 100 sen.More example sentences
- As the currency, the riel, wobbles against the dollar and businesses temporarily scale back investment, the election campaign is shaping up to be dirtier than, if not as bloody as, previous years.
- I still had Cambodian riels in my wallet, so I said to my buddy, there's a letter coming to you with number 5 on the back with Cambodian riels in it (3500 riels, which was worth nothing).
- They replied that for a day's work on a fruit farm, they can make 5,000 riels - but for a wild pig caught from the forest, whose flesh is a delicacy, they can get 30,000 riels.
More definitions of rielDefinition of riel in:
- The British & World English dictionary