1A person who rigs or attends to the rigging of a sailing ship, aircraft, or parachute.
- They also filled nontraditional billets as air traffic controllers, link trainers, mechanics, and parachute riggers.
- In addition to clerical work, they also filled positions as parachute riggers, mechanics, radio operators, mapmakers, and welders.
- Parachute riggers from the 82nd Airborne Division in February conducted the first airdrop of fuel to support Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan.
1.1A person who erects and maintains scaffolding, lifting tackle, cranes, etc.
- The masking tape of the riggers had been a master-stroke.
- A rigger tells the crane operator where to put the hook, when to lift, what to do.
- Once the braces are secure and the panel is plumb, the crane slackens the cables, and the riggers disconnect the lifting hardware from the panels.
1.2A person who works on or helps construct an oil rig.
- Men dominate as artisans, mechanics, and oilfield riggers.
- Cape Fear aside, for an accurate view of a 1970s art director that seems to ring as true for me as the oil riggers in Five Easy Pieces, check out Dustin Hoffman in Kramer Versus Kramer.
- Oil riggers returning to Aberdeen can avoid the lengthy drive or train journey.
3An outrigger carrying a rowlock on a racing rowboat.
- Gearoid Towey has handed in his pair riggers and joined single sculling champion, Sam Lynch of Ireland in the double and today they demonstrated that time in the boat is helping their speed.
- Leander Rowing club president Mark Lindstrom inspects the smashed and mangled riggers stolen from rowing boats recently after a regatta on the Buffalo River.
- A hole was also put in the boys' eight and somewhere on the drive one of the custom-made riggers for the girls' eight was lost.
Words that rhyme with riggerchigger, configure, figure, Frigga, jigger, ligger, rigor, rigour, snigger, swigger, transfigure, trigger, vigour (US vigor)
Definition of rigger in:
A person who fraudulently manipulates something so as to produce a result or situation to their advantage.
- The close on the market indicates everything is getting away from the riggers.
- Vote riggers would simply give people pre-marked ballots and watch as they deposited them into the voting box.
Definition of rigger in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.