- 1The part of the outfield to the right of center field from the perspective of home plate: a ball hit to right fieldMore example sentences
- I hit a fastball to right field that barely cleared the fence.
- The Mets had Jay Payton on first base in the second inning and one out, when Vance Wilson looped a fly ball to right field.
- Tony Taylor hit a line drive to right field, and Rusty Staub caught it on the run.
- 1.1The position of the defensive player stationed in right field: he first gained attention while playing right fieldMore example sentences
- Vladimir Guerrero plays your old position, right field, but doesn't always display a command of fundamentals.
- He can play all four infield positions and left and right field.
- He acquired left-handed-hitting platoon players for first base in Randall Simon and right field in Matt Stairs.
- More example sentences
- In 1999, a fan in Milwaukee's County Stadium leaped out of the stands to tackle Houston Astros right fielder Bill Spiers.
- ‘You just try to make the transition easier for them,’ Seattle right fielder Jay Buhner says.
- Williams agreed to do so, hoping to re-establish what had been a solid relationship with his All-Star right fielder.
More definitions of right fieldDefinition of right field in:
- The British & World English dictionary